Jan 12, 2014

Step 7. Stay a little longer

After my Artist Date yesterday and sketching the knitted flowers in the gallery, I wasn't ready to go home, and I had enough time to walk through the tropical plants room before I had to end the date. A couple of flowering plants in the conservatory caught my eye.

I wanted a couple of quick sketches to put in my Artist Date notebook, and that's all. As I was drawing a bloom, a woman stopped to ask what I was writing about.


"I'm not writing anything actually. I'm drawing this flower," I said to her.

"Oh," she said. "Drawing."

And then she said, "Why are you drawing? Is that plant interesting?" I wasn't sure how to answer her question.

"Well, I guess that's up to you to decide," I said.

She must not have found it as interesting as I did because she walked away and didn't linger. I would have liked to linger longer, but it was time for me to head back to the subway and make the long ride home, but not until I stopped at the gift shop and bought a couple of plants to take along with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!