Dec 28, 2013

Step 5. Work in progress

I guess it's true. 

Sometimes a tough nut has a beautiful soft heart inside. The trick to finding the heart is figuring out how to crack the shell just right. Or, just rely on luck I suppose.


This drawing is the beginning of what I hope to be a one-page study on a variety of nuts. 

Now that I started, though, I want to try going big - Georgia O'Keefe style - with the walnut. There is so much beautiful detail going on with the hard shell and the intricate inside. I want to get all of it on paper, to get to know it as intimately as possible and show off all the sweet stuff. I need more space to do that. 

I need to learn to paint, too, since colored pencil would be tediously slow on a big piece.  

But, first things first. I'll finish what I started with the nut study. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!