Mar 12, 2014

Step 26.More kid stuff

I couldn't resist a package of Shrinky Dinks when I saw them at the store, and I took another walk down memory lane by making some yesterday. I bought the frosted sheets so I could use colored pencils rather than the slick sheets for markers, and I traced images from my own sketchbook drawings. I put a coat of clear nail polish on them after baking to prevent scratches, but I don't think that would be necessary for the slick sheets. All around, not an environmentally-friendly project.

Even though I know what happens with Shrinky Dinks in the oven, I still squealed with delight watching the plastic curl while it shrinks and then go flat again. It's a very cool process to see. I stuck my two Shrinky Dinks on my key chain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!